Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, June 09, 2005

My friend, Dannon



Dannon Elizabeth Baker
August 19, 1974 - June 9, 2002

Dannon and I became close friend in 7th grade. Her family took me to the ocean for the very first time - Isle of Palms, SC. We made some very goofy memories over the years. Eventually years later we slowly parted ways, I changed schools and heard a thing a two about her over the years following high school. Then one day momma called to let me know that she had died following a lung operation. See Dannon had cystic fibrosis, but she never let it slow her down. I learned how to help her through her treatments so that she could go on mission trips and such. For me, it felt like just another part of everyday life because Dannon didn't make a big deal out of it. I found out right before her memorial service was to start and I had no time to put on some appropriate clothing and head downtown. That was rough on me as well because years earlier (6 1/2 to be exact) I missed another friend's funeral (Christie Coleman) because I was in Virginia at the time. Christie's birthday was just a few days away on the 13th.

Anyway, I hopefully will get some old pictures scanned and posted throughout the years on here and on my webpage. But for now, here is a link with a picture ... http://www.cystic-l.org/html/DannonBaker.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home