Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Cheerleading, once again!!!!

It's that time again!!!! Cheerleading season - or is that Football season??? ;) Yes, I'm coaching again, even though I thought I wouldn't. I have an awesome team mom this year so I ONLY have to worry with coaching and leave everything else up to her!! Yeah!!

We've already gotten Madison fitted for her uniform. She's pretty much wearing several items from Toree's old uniform, plus she still has her wind suit. That was a huge saver! She'll get her shoes fitted on Monday.

Anyway, I had my coach's stunt clinic a couple of weeks ago. WooHoo. So much fun trying to get a bunch of overwieght adults up in the air properly!! Luckily I'm coaching 1st&2nd grade so we're level 1 and I only had to do 4 stunts and we only had to go as high as climbing on thighs. Much, much better than last year when we did Level 2 for 5th grade!

Today, we got to meet our cheerleaders and pass out their uniforms!! All 14 of my girls came before 2pm!! Yeah!! Then of course we had a coach's meeting and did a lot of paper work for the official background checks, etc. Yahoo... more fun. Meeting all the girls is a lot of fun though! I really think I'm going to have a great team this year ~ which of course, is made even better by my awesome team mom that I already mentioned above :-D

Also, since we are split team this year, the other 1st/2nd grade coach and I decided we will more than likely combine our teams for cheer off this year providing that the rules are still the same in that regard. I've already got our base cheer down cause I'm using last year's cheer off routine that I did with the 5th graders!! One step ahead of the game there ;) Now all I have to do is choreograph up to 28 girls which should be no problem .... oh the fun I see ahead :D

Starting Monday is cheerleading camp! I won't have much to do except watch my girls because the high school girls will be teaching the cheers during the week. And just think, I don't even have to think about getting them a thank you gift at the end of the week cause my team mom will do it ;)

I'm really looking forward to this season!!! GO KNIGHTS!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home