Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Sand in My Eyes

Yesterday, Madison watched a movie with me that I had Tivo'ed last week or so. It was called "A Christmas Memory" with Patty Duke. Towards the end it got emotional of course and Madison's eyes started to well up with tears. So she tells me while I'm fastforwarding through commercials that she has some sand in her eyes. I just grin and say "really now?" She nods solemnly. So we go on watching the movie. A couple of times I hear her mumble something about sand and finally at the end of the movie she tells me, "Momma, that sand just won't go away!"

It was so cute. She finally looked up at me and saw that I had some tears on my cheeks, so she cuddles up on my arm and lets her tears fall.

Oh and I've discovered that Madison is really listening to songs now. She's finally at that age where she follows what a song is about. During the Christmas season I listen to 104.7 The Fish exclusively because they play nothing but Christmas music thru Christmas day. Well, the song "The Christmas Shoes" by Newsong came on - it is the most requested song - and if you've ever heard it, you know that it just gets ya everytime. As we were turning into the neighborhood, she tells me that she really likes "that shoe song." Her little voice was just so sweet that you wanted to grab her up in a hug.

Well I guess I have one more thing to add but it has nothing to do with that ole sand that gets in our eyes! Morgan Haley got her very first ribbon in gymnastics yesterday!! The little girls were so adorable getting up there and getting their ribbon and the lollipops their instructors gave them. Morgan Haley got up on the block, grabbed the lollipop and jumped off as Pam was trying to hand her the ribbon! One of the little girls (whose name is Morgan as well) took both the ribbon and lollipop, turned for a picture, threw the ribbon down and started opening the lollipop! They were all adorable with whatever they did though :)

Of course during Mommy&Me and TumbleTykes these ribbons are just a symbol of being in the class. With K-1 and higher classes they are accomplishment ribbons w/ *y* out of *x* skills they've mastered listed on the back for each Olympic event. Madison will get hers on Friday during her make-up class (she was throwing up on Monday when her regular class is).

Otherwise our day was spent going to storytime, surprising a friend for lunch, stopping by another friend's house for some playtime and picking up some prescriptions. You know, every day stuff :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home