Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Madison's Audiology

Believe it or not, but Madison has the exact same hearing loss as Bailey and both of them are following the same patterns I am!!! The audiologist was very surprised to find Madison with hearing loss --- she has apparently compensated for it very well and is not having problems. So at this point she is taking a wait and see approach as she may not need help until after puberty. Oh and her ear drum was not ruptured and had no fluid or infection at all, so that was great news.

So now the plan is to test Morgan Haley when Bailey comes in for his post-op hearing test. She'd also like to get Christian and Toree tested in order to compare their results with ours. All she knows for sure at this point is this is definitely genetic AND she is about to rescind my Meniere's diagnosis in light of these new findings on top of the official reports from my inner ear disturbance tests (or as I like to say, my dizzy tests).

Now we're just waiting on Bailey's pre-op and tubes surgery, then the post-op audiology and Morgan Haley's test results to make a determination about several things --- including if Bailey will need an amplification device, whether that be hearing aid or FM system - especially for school.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tam,

Enjoyed reading your blog. Glad you all had a pleasant few days away from the rat race!

About the kids' hearing problems being genetic. I was very interested. Don't know if you're aware, but a few years ago I had some 'dizzy spells' that would come on suddenly and my eyes did funny things! I never went to an audiologist, perhaps I should have. No Dr ever gave me a satisfactory explanation, but I finally got over them, more or less. I diagnosed myself as having 'benign paroxysmal vertigo' after reading an article about it. Either last year, or the year before, I was driving to Johnson City and turned my head to look at something. Immediately I became so dizzy I had to find a place to pull over and call Nick. That was the last one I've had.
Just thought I'd tell you, FYI. In case it might cast a little light on the situation with kiddies.
Love,
Aunt Sylvia

Monday, February 28, 2005 3:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home