Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Madison's leg pains

I know I sent out an email today regarding Madison but the blog wouldn't be complete if I didn't include the info here. I had to take Madison to the dr again today due to pain in her legs. She's been having intermittent pain for a couple of months in her knees. At first I thought it was growing pains but decided to have the doc check it out. He thought that it was growing pains at first, too, until he started asking questions and heard my answers. So two weeks ago, he said if the pain ever changed places or she developed a limp or the intensity got much worse then to bring her in. Sunday she woke up with pain in her shin and it was much worse than the pain in her knees had been. Well, Dr. Steimer knows how active Madison is and when he saw the exact spot she was hurting (I made her show me while it was hurting so I could show him cause the pain is always gone by the time we get there) he thought shin splints... until he found out that she hadn't been running around at all on Saturday and what our week was like last week (definitely not running around that's for sure). So now we are to stay in close contact with him for the next two weeks and if the pain hasn't disappeared by then (it only hurts once every one or two weeks for a little while) then he is going to order up some x-rays and lab work.

I purposely didn't ask him what he'd be looking for or what it could be like I normally do because quite frankly I don't want to know yet. My brain is on shut down. I'm praying for growing pains and/or shin splints. I'm also a little emotional now because the year anniversary of Jace's death is coming up here in a couple of weeks... so if I seem like I'm over-reacting a bit, I just might be - just don't tell me or I might bust out in tears *weak smile*

Oh and while we were there, he discovered an ear infection starting up. He was just about to say that the left ear looked a bit red when Madison pipes up and says, "My ear hurts," while pointing to her left ear. She hadn't mentioned it to me before so it was the first I heard about it. As it turns out, it only hurt because Dr. S put the otoscope in her ear - otherwise it is still in the early stages and doesn't hurt unless you poke in her ear or pull on it. So hopefully the leg thing was just to get me in there to discover her ear infection prior to it getting really bad and putting her in a lot of pain.

Doc S knows I am going to do natural remedies first before using his allopathic medicines, so I'm using garlic/mullien/willow oil 4x a day in her ear and giving echinacea tinture 4x a day (1 drop for every 2lb body weight) and added vitamin C. So far she' s not in any pain so there's no need for hot water bottles or chamomile pillows or valerian root tincture at this time.

Oh and she won't be going back to school for the remainder of the week just as a precaution. Since I developed pneumonia as a complication to the chicken pox as a child, we don't want the ear infection to be a precursor of something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home