Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 26, 2007

Ice Skating Adventures

I can't wait to post some pictures of this! The Saturday after Thanksgiving me and all five kiddos went Ice Skating at Centennial Olympic Park. We drove instead of riding MARTA in because we were heading to Nanny and Papa's afterwards. We were able to park fairly close so that was nice considering I was about to ice skate on a foot that was still healing!!

Anyway, we were all decked out in our boggins and gloves, looking right cute if I say so myself. Everyone had a blast skating. Even little missy had fun even though she sat a lot cause she couldn't control her skates. Toree is a natural as is Madison. Though Madison was hesitant to get going on the ice as she has before for some reason.

As we were skating around, Bailey was moving right along and passed me saying hey mom or something. The guy beside me was like, "Oh wow, he's so little and he can skate ten times better than I can!"

Let's see, four of the kids took a break. In fact, Morgan Haley quit altogether. Christian stopped for a little while to sit with her, and Madison eventually stopped too. Well, Bailey was with them at some point and they all gathered at the fence posts and hollered at me and Toree. For the life of me I don't remember why. Anyway, as we were leaving, Bailey realized he lost a glove. We searched high and low for that thing. Toree and I had the same idea at the same time... we looked where they were standing from where they were standing and that's when the glove became visible caught on the fence post! UGH ~ we have the worst luck when it comes to keeping up with gloves!

Everyone fell at some point, even miss natural... that is everyone except me. For the last 20 minutes or so Toree tried to make me fall. She did all sorts of devious things and none of them worked. Then it came down to the last round before getting off the ice. I'm skating right along to head toward the exit when a little girl skates in front of me - which is normally not a big deal providing you keep moving - and stops on a dime and twirls around. I ran smack into her and of course fell - finally. I held her up as best I could so she didn't get hurt and somehow she landed on my shin a good one. Thankfully she wasn't hurt though. Though, I had trouble walking back to the car. I was in a lot of pain by the end of the day. I really thought I was going to be heading to the emergency department the next day to discover I had a broken/fractured shin. I was already trying to determine how I was going to dance in the Nutcracker with a broken leg. Thankfully, I woke up the next morning and my leg barely hurt at all!!! Whew!!! I was not looking forward to another many weeks on crutches! I had just gotten off of them the week before!

Anyway, it was nice to get out there and ice skate with all the children. It's a lot of fun. This is also becoming a family tradition for us to go on a weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas when all five children are home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home