Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, December 31, 2007

Asthma & Headaches

Just wanted to share a little something I just learned from my girlfriend that is a nurse.

Here it is New Year's Eve and we are suppose to be going over to my girlfriend's house like we do every year when I get a headache that makes me want to puke but I'm not light nor sound sensitive. My friend, Lesa, calls about the time I was going to go lay down and starts asking me all sorts of questions about my headache. As it turns out I was having an asthma attack unbeknownst to me (because I went so many years undiagnosed I have trouble knowing what is normal and what isn't). She told me that the majority of migraine sufferers are asthmatics because of the lack of oxygen to the brain ... it is one of the first things the brain will do when it has a lack of oxygen - give you a headache. So she had me take my inhaler and lay down. I went right to sleep and woke up on my own thirty minutes later with barely a residual effect of the headache.

So now I know, take my inhaler first as it should clear up the majority of my headaches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home