Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Audiology

I had my audiology appointment on Tuesday. As expected I failed my hearing test AND I most certainly qualify for a hearing aid. Both ears have gotten much worse since my last check 5 or so years ago - with my left being the worst. The only bad thing is, hearing aids are not covered by my insurance through Paul's work.

Anyway, I've also got two other problems going on, on top of the Meniere's, one of which I mentioned in the Ear Appt post (my eustachian tube problem - which by the way is getting better). I also have calcium crystals in my inner ear which causes dizziness any time I move my head (as Seth kidded to mom, "She didn't know it wasn't normal to be dizzy?"). So during my next appointment I will have a test done for that and hopefully the treatment done at the same time PLUS some pretty extensive balance tests done --- all which will last about an hour and a half. THEN I will go in and see the audiologist for about 30 minutes for some other stuff. Between me and Bailey, we're going to get to know the audiologist and ENT so well that they'll probably be on our Christmas card list next year!! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home