Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Orientation

What a day today turned out to be!!!

First off, we had to get up at 6:30am on a Saturday so that I could get Bailey and Morgan Haley ready for the babysitter and Madison and myself ready for the football game. I had concession duty this morning and had to report by 7:45. Madison got to help Connie work the gate some and ran around with some of the other cheerleaders while I worked the concession stand. When duty was over, I hurriedly got the girls ready for the banner run-thru, watched that happen, then I told the girls I wanted to hear them all the way at my school and I'd see them Tuesday at practice. Then I ran to change clothes (which I later found out I could have stayed in my coach's uniform cause it was waaay casual) and went off to orientation.

Ya know, I got this formal invitation to the mandatory orientation that said we'd meet the president and the dean, etc. No mention of anything else! Well I get there 15 minutes early (yeah me!) and see signs to check in at the middle table. Well, I do that and am handed a paper that made me think I was in the military again having to check into a new unit!! I did everything from getting my book voucher from my financial aid monies, having my student id made (glad I changed when I found that out!), got my parking permit, taking an English placement test and touring the labs with the dean of criminal justice and much, much more! It was a full day of stuff to do. WOW, I'm glad I told my babysitter I had no idea when I was going to be back cause there was no way to have predicted this was going to be my day. I had to cancel the rest of the plans I had for today it was so long.

Then when I did get back, Bailey and Morgan had just went to sleep and Connie was out shopping with her Madison, my Madison, Stacie and her daughter, Mercedes. So I wound up having the rest of the afternoon to myself. Once I got them all back home, we decided to go out to eat cause it was soooo hot and muggy (story on that in a minute). As a treat I got them ice-cream afterwards, then we went home and called Miss Mary to make a play date with Justin, Cody and Ashley. Bailey and Madison talked with Justin, Cody and Mary for near on 45 minutes!!

Anyway, my story on mugginess.... When I went outside to my car after finally finishing orientation, I noticed that my free hand felt like it was getting covered in a fine mist. It literally felt like I was grabbing water out of the air. So I switched my stuff to my now wet hand and let my dry hand swing by my side. Sure enough if that hand didn't do the same thing! It was one odd experience to say the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home