Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 18, 2007

First Week of School

Our county started school this past Monday, August 13. As you all know, we were in West Georgia for Aunt Doris' funeral. So the kids missed the first two days of school, cheerleading practice, and the first day of ballet class. But that's alright.

Tuesday, Mom and Jeff drove me and the kids home so that we could get ourselves ready for school on Wednesday morning. It went off without a hitch. The kids got up and ready in five minutes and had plenty of time for morning chores AND still have play time with the neighbor kids who were outside waiting on them at 7am! The Elementary bus comes around just after 7:30 so the kids know they have to walk out the door at 7:30 to wait in the bus line.

Then Haley and I could kinda hang out for a few minutes before we had to leave for her school. I wasn't quite sure about the traffic scene around here so I took off at 7:40. You just never know how long it is going to take you to go 1.5 miles around here. We did get there a little early but it was alright. Toree went with us as well. Haley really didn't want to go, but was a big girl and went anyway. We got there in plenty of time and got to meet the teachers and get her settled before leaving. They have one wall that is half glass, so we went to the end of the wall and peeped at her for awhile making sure she was alright. We finally left.

It was a little odd to have the two older ones home without the little ones, but we survived somehow!!

I went early to pick Haley up as I still had paperwork to fill out. Haley seemed to be alright when we went to pick her up out of her classroom. She says she had fun but was very quiet. Talking with her teacher Friday, I found out this is just how she is after nap time, but during the day she is all normal and talkative and participating.

Let's see, that evening we went to Gymnastics for Haley. She really enjoys gymnastics class!

Thursday, everyone seemed to still have some umph in them and got all their chores and stuff done early enough to play with the neighbors again. Madison came home for the second day in a row with her homework nearly finished. That evening we had cheerleading practice. It was the first time I stayed to watch. Coach Charity had had surgery that week and was still feeling really poorly due to a medication mess up!!! I stayed not just to see what was going on but to help out the assistant coach .... now before you get all upset ... I didn't get up out of my chair (and I have a chair with a foot rest so my feet were up!). The assistant is a Junior in high school and the 8th graders did NOT want to listen to her. So I told Charity I would step up and holler at them. They weren't quite sure what to make of that - they did as they were told until they realized I was Toree's mom. So they started asking why I was saying stuff to them. I told them all they needed to know was I was an LYA coach stepping in for Charity and that I was to give her a report on their behavior. The deal was either behave and be alright, or misbehave some more and do nothing but suicides during the first practice Charity was back. They opted for behaving and checking with me if they were doing their cheers right. I'm tellin ya, those girls are a handful and I do NOT envy Charity (nor Toree) at all!!!

Friday found us eating lunch with Bailey and Madison at school. They were so surprised! Toree went with me to this as well. Between their lunches, we ran and got Haley's immunization waiver from the health department. I wish I could have had a camera to capture Madison's honestly surprised look. We got there a few minutes before she did so we watched her class walk in and get their plates. As she was in line to pay, she spotted us ... her eyes got as wide as saucers!! Now I've heard that expression all my life - this time I can say I know where the expression really comes from! Her eyes were simply huge. Toree and I both were rolling laughing :-D

That evening found us at Cheer-Off practice. We are so disappointed with the guy that we paid to choreograph and teach the cheer-off routine to us. I won't even get into it all. There was all kinds of drama going on that night. But that's best saved for the gossip columns.

So far today we've gone to ballet class for Madison and come home. Paul just called to say he is getting Christian in a few minutes for paintball (it is Paul's birthday and the kids are suppose spend today with him ... it's not turning out like that).

Well, I'm sure there is more to come for next week! So far that is all that has happened for this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home