Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 28, 2005

Atlanta Traffic!!!!!

Ugh! I had to go a whole 26 miles this morning and it usually takes me 30 minutes during non-rush hour so I alloted 1 hr 20 min to go a whole 26 miles with an appointment time of 9am - I left right after I put Madison on the bus at 7:40am. It generally takes me a whopping 15 minutes to make it to the interstate - it was just after 8:30am when I hit the interstate..... 50 minutes!!! The DOT sign said it was 30 minutes to the perimeter, so I called the dr office and told them I was going to be at the very bare minimum 20 minutes late. They took note of it and gave me a possible alternate AND because it is pre-op they definitely weren't going to be rescheduling. Well I finally made it to the perimeter around 9:15-9:20!!! I pulled into the parking deck around 9:45-9:50!!! I couldn't believe it! We got all checked in at 10am and were immediately called back cause we were the first patients to have shown up all morning!!! Appt's started at 8am and everyone before us had apparently gotten caught in the same traffic and we were the first ones to arrive! Wow, what a day that must have been after we left. Three more patients checked in while we were doing Bailey's tests. I'm really glad we got there first!

As a little side story ~ little miss Morgan Haley decided to take off down a hall while I was making the follow-up appt's. So I took off after her but she had disappeared. Bailey I searched up and down the maze of halls for her, calling her name, etc. Sometime later a nurse hollers, "I see her!" But little miss had ducked down another hall or two by the time we got down there. Finally after giving chase for another 5 minutes, a nurse in the records area saw her duck into a room and stood outside the door until we could get there! We found her behind the door crouched in something they transport med equipment on! She really had my heart pounding as she could have escaped in one of two open door ways that have no doors and taken off down the stairs she loves so much and then it's just a matter of feet before she would have been out the door where anyone could have picked her up!!! I didn't let her feet touch the floor for the rest of our excursions ... which included finishing making these follow-up appointments, getting lunch and my eye exam. She didn't go to gymnastics or the show I went to watch ~ Daddy got to watch her for those!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home