Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, August 22, 2005

So it took me 3 days ....

TO CUT THE GRASS!!! Stupid grass *pouts*

Paul had been in Kansas City for 50 days and unsure of when he was coming home so I finally had to bunker down and get the soaking wet, knee high grass cut. It was the ONLY sunny weekend available and not looking like another was coming our way. The majority of my neighborhood took to cutting their grass at the same time.

It was strange to hear lawnmowers cut out about every 30 seconds!!! It was a combination of soooo much grass filling up the bag fast and clumps of it getting stuck in the blades.

The first day of cutting I had to stop when it started raining - but I kept going until I couldn't get the lawnmower cranked again. The next day I decided to check the gas - sure enough I needed more gas. Well, it got too darn dark to cut anymore but I was determined to finish the lawnmower part of it. Of course, this is taking 5 times as long as it should have because of the stopping, emptying and unclogging PLUS I could only cut 1/3 the width of the lawnmower at a time or else it would clog immediately and stall out on me. Yikers! I had to turn on the back deck light in order to remotely see what I was doing. Finally I finished the grass... well the stuff I could do with the lawnmower anyway. The next day I had to do the weedeating since there was so much stuff I couldn't get with the lawnmower - like the junk up against the fence, playset, house, deck, mailbox and flower gardens, etc.

Gee I think I lost 10 pounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home