Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Christian

Well, I dropped Christian off at the airport today. It was definitely odd to drop just him off.

That morning found me going to register Toree for school. It took hours and I still hadn't been seen yet, so I told them I had to go and take my son to the airport, that I would be back tomorrow. They of course wanted to talk to me and go over my paperwork, but didn't want to register her right then either. I was so upset because it wasted half my day with Christian.

Well when Toree and I got back, Christian and I got ready and went to eat with the little ones at school. They were pretty excited! We also went to pick Haley up from school... she is used to Toree but not Christian :)

Right after school we were waiting on the little ones to get home so we could leave for the airport. Of course, Christian had to wait til the last minute to get his stuff together so we were still running around. We got to the airport in plenty of time, got him all checked in (the check-in people are so nice when it is a minor flying ... they just took really good care of him and made sure he had everything he needed.

Then we all went to get something to eat. Of course, it being the airport there was no where to sit. So we found a shady wall and sat by it on the floor. Not the best of situations but at the same time the only thing we could do besides standing there looking around holding our dinner waiting on someone to get up! We ate and then we pretty much dropped Christian off at security. The first lady we encountered told Christian he should grow up to be a pilot with all of his travel experience! At first he was very polite to her until she told him the salaries!!!! They make between $600 and 800 per hour! International pilots make around $1,000 per hour!!!! Gee golly doodle wiz - makes me want to overcome my fear of heights and flying just to make that sort of money!!

Madison was the only one that cried this time. She is so sensitive and wants her whole family together all the time. So do I baby, so do I.

On the way home, I found a definite alternative to the jam packed rush hour highways! It normally takes me about an hour to get home from the airport ... it took me 1 hr and 15 min DURING rush hour! I took 85 to 20 and then took Moreland to Ponce. This of course will take you to the split between 29 and 78. I decided to take 29 because 78 is just as packed as 285, 85, 75, and 20. I even took an even longer route home by going by Paul's house because it is backroads and no one hardly ever uses those roads. This is what saved me so much time!!

Anyway, Christian got there safely and called me about 10 minutes ago (45min after his plane landed) to tell me he was there and on his way to the new house. He was hit with the fact that he had to get up in the morning to take some placement tests for school as they picked him up. Gee, couldn't someone have told him that before now :\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home