Family Happenings

A place so our family and friends can see what's going on in our lives! ----------------- www.geocities.com/familyaunaturale7 ----------------- www.localendar.com/public/mimi74_97 ----------------- http://photobucket.com/albums/y1/familyaunaturale7

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 24, 2007

Our Second Week of School

Well, we just completed our first full week of school today. An interesting, full week it has been, too.

Of course, y'all know Christian flew out to Washington Monday.

Tuesday found us running to ballet class, home for dinner, then running Toree to cheerleading practice at the high school a wee earlier than she is used to so that I could make it to 1st grade Curriculum Night by 6:30. That had to be the most disappointing Curriculum Night I've ever been too. The teacher did alright for her part but it was literally over in 15 minutes. Oh well, that means I got to Toree's practice just a few minutes after it started.

Wednesday was alright cause all we had was gymnastics after school.

Thursday was 3rd grade Curriculum Night so we had to pull the same thing only this time practice was at RJP instead of the High School - it took longer so I was late. Apparently that wasn't a problem because they actually had a little PTA meeting thing and the teacher talks forever (a guy at that!) ... so much so I had to leave early to get to Toree by 8pm. We had a special meeting called to oust the President of the association and reinstate the one he had ousted. It was a low move and all because he lost the Presidential election to begin with!!! Anyway, it was unanimous among the parents to reinstate the original president. That's gotta hurt the ousted person... too bad!

Today found me .... finish after thunderstorm!!!!! .... Well where did Friday find me? It found me eating lunch with Bailey, then I had 45 minutes to waste before Madison's lunch, so I went to the library to help them out. The library looks great!! They have new book shelves and things are rearranged in there ... it took a few minutes to get used to. Anyway, I helped out in there for the 45 minutes which was nice to do. It wasn't strenuous but it was something productive. Then I had lunch with Madison. Her teacher is really nice and he always stops to say something to any parent he sees. He brought me some papers to sign that I didn't get to do because I left early, but he wanted Madison to get the prize that all the kids got for coming to Curriculum Night ... and to think I nearly didn't go because of the disappointment of Tuesday night and not to mention she is the THIRD child of mine to go through third grade at CHE. But I felt it my duty to go and be an involved parent ... glad I did for her sake. I actually wound up helping him out during his presentation since he is fairly new to CHE and I'm an old pro at it!

Anyway, after lunch, I went home and took a nap. I was simply exhausted from all the running this week. AND I was so looking forward to Paul coming to get the kids that evening... only to find out he is now scheduled to come in next Tues or Wed. Not that I don't love the kids and want them around, but man I need some rest without a time limit!!! Luckily we had absolutely NOTHING to do Friday evening. Toree has to read 2 chapters a day of her book, Anne of Green Gables, for a book report due on Christian's birthday... she was quite ill with me for telling her she needed to do that, so she stomped upstairs. An hour later she calls down to tell me she finished the two chapters and she was going to bed ... at 8:30! Guess what, the other kids followed suit on their own!!!! 8-O What a shocker! They must have been quite tired themselves from their long week!

There's one more thing but I'm gonna make a separate post for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home